This week we got introduced to the Original Doom Patrol, let’s see how that goes!
- I’ve been thinking the same question for the last few episodes but what is everyone’s age? Because it seems like some of the team doesn’t age, or their powers affect their ages.
- Open felt slow compared to others, but really showcased tone wise how the rest of the episode would play out.
- Robotman on a laptop with his thick robot hands/fingers his a hilarious image.
- Chief making pig noises was something I never knew I wanted to see.
- I love seeing alternate social media sites in entertainment and I think Facehole takes the cake.
- Jane pocking Cyborg’s chest and trying to talk to Siri was genius.
- What is this? A school for mutants!?
- Animal-Vegetable-mineral-man robbing a store was hilariously genius, everything in this scene was great. Between him wearing a mask on his and the dinosaurs head to the fact he tried to rob someplace with a gun. This may be one of my favorite scenes so far in this season.
- Nice little easter egg with The Brain (Ultimax) suit in The Doom Mansion. hopefully we see more of him in the future.
- Robotman explaining to cyborgs dad all the craziness that happened in the fight was fun.
- The 3 members of Doom Patrol explaining Mr. Nobody Fight all differently showed how different each character feels and how they wanted to remember to their benefit.
- God that ass balloon was so damn beautiful!
- The simulation twist that was being hinted at throughout the episode was cool and since the first walked in there was a hint of something weird going on.
- Niles re-used line of safe house and having a few different Doom Mansion. It’s fun learning a little more of him each episode.
- When we finally show how the “heroes” ended up and how Mr. Negative defeated them it was sad, and seemed different from other shows where it always shows heroes winning.
- Did Rita kill Marybeth’s child? Then did Marybeth kill herself. It seemed they hinted at it and showed Rita may have a dark past.
- What is Negative Man’s Patch?
- It was nice to have an episode that focused on characters and less on action and a villain of the week.
- This episode showed how the creators can focus more on plot, characters, and drama and still make a damn fine show with humor sprinkled in and not feeling out of place or giving a negative impact on the show.
- This episode just felt very bittersweet.
20 Thoughts on Doom Patrol: Episode 6