Therapy! Therapy! Therapy! My therapy is new Doom Patrol episodes!!
- Cliffs motivational speech was a great way to start the show and I would love him to do a speech for me!
- It seems Rita can be the person that unlocks rooms since she can move through vents! Who knew being a blob had it benefits?
- Rita as a slug was nasty and I regret eating while watching that.
- The make-up team does fantastic with Negative Man’s face/arms/legs.
- The Negative Spirit dream sequence with the two talking is a cool way of showing them communicate with each other.
- The way they showed Cyborg talking to people on Cazh was a cool concept.
- Grid giving Cyborg all the details and live feed on Mel was weird and shows how advanced technology can be creepy.
- Cyborg is great with taking selfies!
- Damn, Cyborg did an epic suplex on Cliff!
- Admiral Whiskers was such a weird twist but a good way to make Cliff glitch out in this episode.
- The way the episode was structured and the way they showed the sequence of events was a cool concept.
- It has shown up in other episodes but it was really brought o light in this one just how damaged and messed up these “heroes” are. Which shows just how different and flawed they are from other superhero shows/characters.
I wrote these last 7 separate because they all pertain to Cliff who was my favorite character this episode.
- Cliff trying to eat was sad but also funny. This show is doing great with it’s dark humor
- Cliff throwing food at his face while driving the bus freaking out was hilarious.
- I enjoyed him going to see Bump, but I loved when it turns out to be an illusion and he is fighting the team.
- This episode made me feel bad for Cliff more than any other episode.
- I loved Cliff’s therapy chant.
- Cliff’s hug with Negative Man and his clapping in therapy was funny.
- The visuals when Cliff glitches looked great and was a nice touch to show how messed up he was.
I’m really enjoying this series (as ya’ll can tell) and in each episode I feel like they keep the same quality of product no matter if it’s a more character driven or action oriented episode. This episode shows the benefit of slowing down the main plot and action with focusing on the feelings and drama going on in each character.