Another Friday means another new Doom Patrol, my new favorite part of the week! With the episode watched (twice) and the weekend ending let’s take a look at my 25 thoughts!
- They changed up the recap and had Cyborg read part of it, not bad, but not as good as Mr. Nobody.
- Jane walking around posting “lost” signs was hilarious.
- Even after this episode Jane is still my favorite character in the show.
- It’s a nice change of pace how they sprinkle in each characters origins throughout the episodes instead of putting it all in episode 1.
- They changed up Cyborgs origin, it’s not the best, or the worst, I am excited to see where it goes.
- This episode seems to focus more on Negative Man’s (Larry) past more than the others and him trying to get his “negative” self to help him instead of hinder him.
- We got a Brotherhood of Evil shot out!
- Cliff’s printer joke to Cyborg that we saw in an older trailer was pretty funny and the relationship the two are building is coming along nicely.
- Loved the road trip sequence and each of them getting the chance to drive, other than Cliff.
- Doom Patrol has a really good music track list and a Spotify playlist would be awesome at the end of the series.
- Cliff’s Justice League 2020 to Cyborg was great and would love that on a t-shirt!
- Cliff had a few jokes about Batman and Aquaman showcasing these characters are in this world and pretty well known.
- Magnet feet is a weird but sorta smart super power.
- Fuchtopia, great name, cool concept.
- Cliff’s reaction to everything still flows great.
- Cyborg’s talk to Rita was harsh but seemed like it was needed to get her into gear.
- Jane pulling out all of her personalities credit cards was a simple but funny scene.
- Larry’s tragic backstory is well done with complexity and a lot of heart, makes me excited for the others histories.
- Fight scene was chaotic but awesome, gruesome, and bloody, which was a detail I liked because when fighting a robot you’d think it’d get bloody.
- Cliff ripping a Nazi in half and hitting the other was hilarious and showed us some of his raw power.
- Jane handing Rita the puppet and saying, “We found the chief” was a great line.
- In all my years of loving comics, and Doom Patrol I never thought we would get a live-action Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man!
- No Mr. Nobody, but that didn’t degrade the show at all.
- For a show centered around a team they do really well letting each of them shine and have their own moments, and team moments making it feel like a team.
- Four Episodes in and Doom Patrol keeps hitting it out of the park!
25 Thoughts on Doom Patrol: Episode 3