Comics You Can Dance To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Nathaniel MacDonald and Danny Djeljosevic (that's me) and supported by various jokers and guests, Comics You Can Dance To is devoted to discussing cool comics, pop culture nonsense and hopefully introducing you to some awesome music along the way.
This week our guest is Matt Wilson, who has hats in many pies or however that turn of phrase goes. He writes the robot noir webcomic Copernicus Jones, he's the brain behind various Internet comedy projects and he's one of the hosts of War Rocket Ajax, one of my favorite podcasts. We talk about all that stuff, plus his upcoming book, The Supervillain Handbook, which comes out in April. Scroll down for all the links to his various Internet concerns.
It's a really fun talk, as you might expect from a few guys who make it their business to converse in MP3 form.
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download.
Also! We are now on iTunes! Go subscribe and leave us a review!
We're talking to Joe Keatinge, writer of Image Comics' Glory relaunch and the upcoming Hell Yeah and editor of the Popgun anthologies. I know this because it already happened. And we might have some special interviews from Image Expo! I know this because it's currently happening.
- Jump to 0:12:54 for our interview with Matt Wilson!
- Jump to 1:22:15 for the weekly comics/pop culture talk!
- Jump to 1:40:45 for this episode's featured song!
Here are the comics/pop culture things we talked about!
Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron by Daniel Clowes
Monsters by Ken Dahl
The Strange Talent of Luther Strode by Justin Jordan and Tradd Moore
If you never heard Andrew Dice Clay's The Day the Laughter Died, Part II, you're in for a real treat of anticomedy/schadenfreude/glorious trainwreckery.
And never forget: Punisher War Zone is awesome.
Here's the playlist for this episode!
Music for Comics You Can Dance To is curated by Notable Beast. Click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs. The theme song is usually "Chnam oun Dop-Pram Muy (I'm 16)" by Ros Sereysothea, which remains true in this episode!
As for the rest…
- Women – "Heat Distraction" (R.I.P. Christopher Reimer)
- Will Powers – "Adventures in Success (Dub Copy)"
- Featured Song: Parenthetical Girls – "Handsome Devil"
By the way, I saw Parenthetical Girls open for Los Campesinos! a couple weeks ago and they're incredible. So totally check them out.
Find Out More About Matt Wilson!
This one's a doozy…
- Follow @HighMindedMW on Twitter
- You gotta check out Copernicus Jones, the webcomic by Matt Wilson and Daniel Butler
- Listen to Matt's own podcast, War Rocket Ajax
- Check out Matt's tumblr, Superheroes Wearing Jackets
- The Supervillain Handbook by King Oblivion, Ph.D comes out in April
- Large amoun
ts of supervillainy happen at The International Society of Supervillains
- Matt also contributes to @FakeAPStylebook
- Matt also also has a Twitter comedy project going on at @FakeeEtiquette
- It doesn't update much these days, but The Content Farm has some classic jams
Here's how you find us on the Internet! (Besides on CB, of course)
- Nate plucks out a single mustache hair via Tweet at @lentilstew
- Danny won't stop Tweeting about Phonogram Volume 3 at @djeljosevic
- Andrew Tan talks about having a friend named Cox Wilcox at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.