Comics You Can Dance To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Nathaniel MacDonald and Danny Djeljosevic (that's me) and supported by various jokers and guests, Comics You Can Dance To is devoted to discussing cool comics, pop culture nonsense and hopefully introducing you to some awesome music along the way.
This week our guest is Dave Elliott, a comics industry veteran who's worked as a writer/editor/consultant with a diverse assortment of publishers: Epic Comics, Heavy Metal, Radical, Atomeka, Penthouse Comics, Benaroya Publishing, Marvel and DC, and was even the head of Tundra UK — which is something I definitely asked him about, because I'm totally fascinated by that venture. He's got a few promising material of his own in the works: The Weirding Willows, Monster Massacre and Odyssey, along with editing the issue of Heavy Metal due out in July.
It's a great, long talk full of amazing anecdotes, including a story about what REALLY happened with the return of Marvelman/Miracleman — that is, the parts he could say on the air.
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download.
Also! Don't forget to subscribe to us on iTunes! Leave us a review if you can, tell all your friends, etc.
One more special episode! This time Jason Sacks talks to Darren G. Davis, the head of the controversial Bluewater Productions. After that, we're back with a regular episode talking to Friends with Boys creator Faith Erin Hicks.
- Jump to 0:18:27 for our interview with Dave Elliott!
- Jump to 2:01:27 for the weekly comics/pop culture talk!
- Jump to 2:21:40 for this episode's featured song!
Comics You Can Drink To
In this episode we invented a drinking came for the podcast! MAD PROPS to Niel Jacoby for coming up with the best possible name for it.
If you need to be drunk to listen to us (hey, I'm not judging), drink every time:
- Nate forgets the name of something
- Nate gets the name of something wrong
- Danny promises to lend Nate a copy of something Nate hasn't read
- There's an interminable lull, followed by awkward laughter
- Danny cannot describe why he likes a comic
- Danny spells out his name in a singsong fashion
Finish your drink:
- Whenever Nate and Danny do the time paradox joke and bring attention to the fact that they record the podcast out of order
- American Juggalo, that amazing documentary about the attendees of the Gathering of the Juggalos, is online at Vimeo
- The ICP song Nate refers to is called, charmingly, "Fuck the World"
- The worst song I've ever heard is "All in the Family" by Korn and Limp Bizkit
- Check out Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant at delilahdirk.com
- Bleeding Cool has the skinny about the nonexistent X-Statix controversy that killed the Princess Di story arc
- Also, we refer to Kerry Callen's comics gifs (except I call him Kerry Gallen, sorry about that)
Here are the comics/pop culture things we talked about!
Don't forget to check out Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant at delilahdirk.com
Here's the playlist for this episode!
As for the rest…
(Click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs.)
Find Out More About Dave Elliott!
- Follow Dave Elliott on Twitter at @DeevElliott
- Check out his DeviantArt for the latest updates on his dozens of comics ventures
- Be sure to pick up his issue of Heavy Metal, which goes on sale in July
- Look out for The Weirding Willows and Odyssey, which look like this:
It should be obvious which is which.
Tweet at me, bro
- Nate turns on TVs for Community at @lentilstew
- Danny tweets almost exclusively about New Pornographers solo projects at @djeljosevic
- Andrew Tan shares real-life plans to build a real-life Enterprise at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.