Comics You Can Dance To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Nathaniel MacDonald and Danny Djeljosevic (that's me) and supported by various jokers and guests, Comics You Can Dance To is devoted to discussing cool comics, pop culture nonsense and hopefully introducing you to some awesome music along the way.
This week we're talking to Faith Erin Hicks, creator of the recent graphic novel Friends with Boys and webcomics like Demonology 101, Superhero Girl and Ice. She took some time off from inking her newest (upcoming) graphic novel to talk to us about her craft, The Hunger Games, comics for young adults and just what exactly we want out of X-Men comics. Good times!
Sorry this is coming out so late after our last episode. There have been scheduling episodes and some real frustrating technical difficulties. We ended up losing all our intro and outro material and had to re-record, for one thing. Nevertheless, we'll try even harder to get this out more consistently.
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download.
Also! Don't forget to subscribe to us on iTunes! Leave us a review if you can, tell all your friends, etc.
…I have no idea. STAY TUNED!
- Jump to 0:09:31 for our interview with Faith Erin Hicks
- Jump to 1:12:55 for the weekly comics/pop culture talk!
- Jump to 1:35:00 for this episode's featured song!
Comics You Can Drink To
We invented a drinking came for the podcast! MAD PROPS to Niel Jacoby for coming up with the best possible name for it.
If you need to be drunk to listen to us (hey, I'm not judging), drink every time:
- Nate or Danny forgets the name of something
- Nate gets the name of something wrong
- Danny promises to lend Nate a copy of something Nate hasn't read
- There's an interminable lull, followed by awkward laughter
- Nate and Danny get distracted by something happening outside
- Someone refers to another podcast
- Danny cannot describe why he likes a comic
- Danny spells out his name in a singsong fashion
Finish your drink:
- Whenever Nate and Danny do the time paradox joke and bring attention to the fact that they record the podcast out of order
- Check out my review of Friends with Boys here at Comics Bulletin
- Watch Shaky Kane cut up Fantastic Four #2
- Watch Matt Seneca smoke The Punisher #1
- Nate shouts out zachsleepshere.tumblr.com
Here are the comics/pop culture things we talked about!
Here's the playlist for this episode!
As for the rest…
(Click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs.)
Find Out More About Faith Erin Hicks!
- Follow Faith on Twitter at @faither
- She has a Tumblr you can follow, too
- Make sure to check out her website, faitherinhicks.com
- Read the first 20 pages of Friends with Boys and then pick up the complete print edition, published by First Second
- Some other Faith Erin Hicks highlights: Demonology 101, Ice, her Hunger Games short and "Wolverine Goes Grocery Shopping"
- She also does comics for Tor.com
Tweet at me, bro:
- Nate thinks about Paul Rudd at @lentilstew
- Danny resists the urge to Tweet incessantly about guro manga at @djeljosevic
- Andrew Tan comes up with new and exciting terms for poop at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.