Comics You Can Die To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Viscount Lucius Bloodleisure and The Lifeform from the Abysmal Body of Water (that's me) and supported by various creatures and victims, Comics You Can Die To is devoted to discussing horrifying comics, pop culture darkness and hopefully introducing you to some soul-digesting music along the way.
This week we captured two hapless bespectacled interviewers who, at our whims, interviewed KC Green, creator of the dark and delicious webcomic Gunshow and, in the process, discussed the work of Junji Ito and Josh Simmons (scary) and the various cartoons based on the work of stage magicians Siegfried and Roy (not scary). We then subjected them to ruthless pop culture talk where they discussed their favorite horror comics.
It was pretty evil.
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download… IF YOU DARE
Also! Don't forget to subscribe to us on iTunes! Leave us a review if you can, tell all your friends, et cetera.
Jump Scare Times
- Jump to 0:06:13 for our interview with KC Green
- Jump to 0:56:19 for the weekly comics/pop culture talk!
- Jump to 1:16:01 for this episode's featured song!
Comics You Can Drink Blood To
We invented a drinking game for the podcast! A pack of edible peasants to Nails Jacobian for coming up with the best possible name for it.
If you need to be filled with intoxicating sanguination to listen to us (hey, I'm not judging), drink every time:
- Viscount Bloodleisure or The Lifeform forget the name of something
- Viscount Bloodleisure gets an incantation wrong
- The Lifeform promises to lend Viscount Bloodleisure a tome that Bloodleisure hasn't read
- There's an interminable lull, followed by an evil laugh
- Viscount Bloodleisure and The Lifeform get distracted by something happening outside of the castle
- Someone refers to another podcast
- The Lifeform cannot describe why he likes a comic
- The Lifeform spells out his name in a singsong fashion
- Viscount Bloodleisure and/or The Lifeform address Angorrrrrr the podcast editor
- Viscount Bloodleisure says "And now for the wailing of souls."
Finish your drink:
- Whenever Viscount Bloodleisure and The Lifeform bring attention to the fact that they record the podcast out of order
Here's the slaylist for this episode!
As for the rest… click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs.
- ESG – "UFO"
- The Ghastly Ones – "Flying Saucers Over Van Nuys"
- Featured Song: Eyeball Skeleton – "Eyeball Skeleton" (that's a different version but you get it, right?)
Find Out More About KC Green!
- Read his webcomic Gunshow
- Follow him on Twitter @barfcaptain
- Check out his website kcgreendotcom.com
- Also Gunshow has a Tumblr
Tweet at me, undead bro:
- Viscount Bloodleisure spilled pretzels all over the place (not sure if they're demonic pretzels yet) at @lentilstew
- The Lifeform has given life to CARFACE at @djeljosevic
- Angorrrrrr lives in a bad neighborhood where angry mobs reign after baseball games at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.