Highlighting some great small press comics criticism being published, as well as other random things that have caught my eye over the past week.
* Brady Dale on Sarah Glidden’s ROLLING BLACKOUTS and the concept of “comics journalism”.
* Alenka Figa reviews Sam Bosma’s FANTASY SPORTS #1, which “beautifully blends a fantasy quest with a sports story in an absurd way that feels fresh and fun.”
* John Seven takes a look at S! #25 from kus!
* Tucker Stone keeps adding choice bits to his SPX 2016: THE HITS — a bunch of mini “reviews” of things he picked up at the show.
* Xavier Guilbert interviews SIMON MORETON about his recent work and “Team Weird”
* Dan Hill talks to KATIE SKELLY and SARAH HORROCKS about process and whatnot.
* Over on The Nib, Tom Kaczynski and Clara Jetsmark have published GREAT AGAIN, which explores how Trump’s candidacy is a perfect storm of political nostalgia and nationalism.
* J. A. Micheline’s LUKE CAGE’S MOMENT OF TRUTH: THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.
* Sarah Horrocks is reviewing a HORROR MOVIE A DAY for October.