If you are looking for a high-quality fantasy art book, one that available in both English and Spanish, then you are in for a treat as David G. Forés and Play Attitude (who successfully launched a magnificent art book about Edgar Allen Poe) are producing such a book. Forgotten Colors is a limited-edition art book for all ages. Forgotten Colors is a wonderfully illustrated book containing a number of stories about freedom, imagination, empathy, courage, small pleasures, love and many other things that shape our day lives.
As a bonus for the first 300 backers with pledges from $20 or more will receive an unpublished and limited giclée print signed by David G. Forés.
Forgotten Colors is Forés way to look at the world; that is to say with the fairest balance of humor and sense. It doesn’t matter if you are 15, 35 or 60. When reading this book, it doesn’t make any difference, as they provide home remedies for human beings, whoever you are, wherever you come from.
- A Deluxe Hardcover Edition with never before published extra content, such the tale The Guardian of Imagination, an original soundtrack by Teo Grimalt and collector’s content such as the Sketchbook and Making of
- Available in both English and Spanish, for you to choose
- Illustrated by the talented Spanish illustrator David G. Forés, written by Silvia G. Guirado, with the collaboration of different artists
This numbered edition of Forgotten Colors and other illustrated stories will only be available through Kickstarter, the author or the publisher. This art book, contains over 70 illustrations across 108 pages measures 8½ x 8½ inches and is printed on high-quality paper with hardcover and vegetable oil-based inks. As stated, the book is available in both English and Spanish. The book contains 15 stories with a great aftertaste, and is about channeling your convictions to change the future, accepting differences, questioning received knowledge and about respecting others — and doing it with a smile. The aim of the creators is to build a fairer, more compassionate and braver world.
The all-time greats that inspired them are probably the same cultural models that left a mark on your childhood, youth, or even old age. In the Collector’s Kit backers will find:
The Journal of Forgotten Colors which includes the Sketchbook as well as The Making Of; a high quality, 52-page book in cream-colored high-quality paper with trivia from the authors, where they share their worries, reflections, sketches and inspirations. Additional content that will make this project unforgettable and will make you discover why they produced it in the first place.
There is also a DVD which includes extra content such as a wallpaper collection with illustrations from the book — and others that you will not find in it, the original soundtrack is by Teo Grimat, and there are many other surprises that they will unveil during this campaign. The package incluses:
- You will get a moving and lovely illustrated art book with appealing stories that will awake the best of yourself.
- You will obtain extra bonuses created for this campaign, limited and only available now.
- You will be supporting ordinary people to work in what we love and what makes us happy.
- Last but not least, you will back an exceptional project that encourages people to imagine new worlds, where nothing is granted and everything is possible.
They have created different rewards so that everybody may participate, whatever their curiosity or implication in this project. Including limited rewards such as the book signed or dedicated by the illustrators, or even an original colored drawing.
Play Attitude is an unusual publisher, established to realize the dreams and artistic visions of a group of people that could never get them published through large commercial publishers. At Play they work based on their personal desires, not market trends or commercial possibilities. All of their projects have this touch of “artist’s love” that make them truly special. Check out their other beloved works: Ravings of love & death, “El Recetario Mágico“ and The Guardian of Imagination. Behind this project there are ordinary people, dreamers, with whom you probably share many more things than being citizens of the same planet. Including Carlos Ruiz (designer & Motion Graphics), Naiara Chaler (Project coordination & communication), Efrén Garcia (Team leader) David G. Forés (Illustrator) and Desiree Arancibia (Illustration & Support). Other credits of the project include:
- Illustrated by David G. Forés with the inestimable help of Desiree Arancibia and Marta García, and the participation of Claudia Blin.
- Written by Silvia G. Guirado. Translated by M. baste-Kraan & C.S. Ord and revised by Kari Friedenson.
- Original soundtrack by Teo Grimalt.
This project will be funded on Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
Robert J. Sodaro has been reviewing comic books for some 30 years. During that time, his reviews and articles have appeared in numerous print publications, as well as on the