Welcome back to the Reboot Comic Book Club!
For our first episode of 2016, we’re having fun with fellow Comics Bulletin writers Mark Stack and Chase Magnett! Aside from our usual book club, we’ll be doing our own version of their Leading Questions column. Come listen to the stupid things we’ll regret saying when we sober up!
This week we read three new releases from Jan. 27th:
- Faith #1 by Jody Houser, Francis Portela, Andrew Dalhouse, Dave Sharpe, Marguerite Sauvage, and Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic
- The Omega Men #8 by Tom King, Barnaby Bagenda, Romulo Fajardo Jr., Pat Brosseau, and Trevor Hutchison
- Old Man Logan #1 by Jeff Lemire, Andrea Sorrentino, Marelo Maiolo, and Cory Petit
Chase reiterates his love for superhero event comics, Mark longs for the days of the Scholastic book fair, and Joe gets mad that there’s no time to praise Jem and the Holograms on the show.
This installment’s Leading Questions include the following:
- Which publisher’s shared superhero line is the best and why is it Valiant?
- Which superhero made it cool to wear tight jeans?
- What do Frank Miller and Mark Millar have in common?
Music: “Thirsty Ego Raps” by Open Mike Eagle
Seriously, listen to the part where he mentions the Goldberg/Scott Hall cattle prod incident. That shit goes hard.