Writer: Brian Azzarello
Penciler & Cover Artist: Jim Lee
Last month, I outlined some facts in this perplexing storyline. Well, we have some answers and a few more questions…
More mysterious as more facts become revealed; the intrigue is beginning to take shape.
The facts as we know it are as follows:
1) Many, many people mysteriously vanished from good ‘ol Planet Earth.
Update: There was another vanishing but not nearly as large as the first one.
2) The mechanism/device used for that vanishing is found in the country where the revolution
is taking place.
Update: Apparently this device was used by the dictator of the war-torn country Superman’s trying to save and belongs to someone else.
3) General Nox, the leader of the revolution, is just as convinced of his moral “high-ground” as Superman.
Update: Nothing’s changed, except for a little bit of wavering just a bit.
4) Equus is as ruthless as anyone I’ve seen before.
Update: Nothing’s changed, except for Equus is determined to be human and vastly upgraded for the purpose of being the “perfect predator.”
5) There will be a Round 2 between Tall, Dark, and Ugly and Blue Boy!
Update: Round 1 might not have had a winner, but Round 2 goes to Superman.
Questions left unanswered:
1) Who made/owns the “Vanisher?”
2) Who is the real “butcher(s)” in this conflict?
3) Will either Superman or the priest find solace or absolution?
What did you think of this book?
Have your say at the Line of Fire Forum!