10. Both Narratives Depend on Batman Continuously Recovering from Terrible Injuries
9. Both Antagonists are Vaguely Defined Terrorists
8. …Who Basically Destroy the Bulk of Gotham
7. …While Operating Out of a Super High-Tech Network Located in Gotham's Sewers
6. …While Secretly Being Led by Someone Misleading Them and Manipulating Their Politics (Which They're Conveniently Not Even Tied To)
5. …Who has Helped Them Instigate Nuclear Warfare
4. …Which the Entire US Government is Incapable of Doing Anything About, Meaning Batman is Our One and Only Hope
3. Oh, and Catwoman, When They're Not Busy Fooling Around on Rooftops
2. But It's Cool, Because Batman has Prepared for this Situation All His Life and Can Only Find Life Through It
1. AND HE WINS BECAUSE HE JUST LOVES THIS CITY SO FUCKING MUCH YOU GUYS! USA! USA!
When he's not writing about the cape and spandex set and functioning as the Co-Managing Editor of Comics Bulletin, Nick Hanover is a book, film and music critic for Spectrum Culture and has contributed to No Tofu Magazine, Performer Magazine, Port City Lights and various other international publications. By which he means Canadian rags you have no reason to know anything about. He also translates for "Partytime" Lukash's Panel Panopticon.
Danny Djeljosevic is a comic book creator, award-winning filmmaker (assuming you have absolutely no follow-up questions), film/music critic for Spectrum Culture and Co-Managing Editor of Comics Bulletin. Follow him on Twitter at @djeljosevic or find him somewhere in San Diego, often wearing a hat. Read his comic with Mike Prezzato, "Sgt. Death and his Metachromatic Men," over at Champion City Comics and ch
eck out his other comics at his Tumblr, Sequential Fuckery. His webcomic The Ghost Engine, with artist Eric Zawadzki, updates twice a week.