Comics You Can Dance To is Comics Bulletin's official podcast!
Hosted by Nathaniel MacDonald and Danny Djeljosevic (that's me) and supported by various jokers and guests, Comics You Can Dance To is devoted to discussing cool comics, pop culture nonsense and hopefully introducing you to some awesome music along the way.
This week, we spend the entire episode chattin' it up with Nick Hanover, co-managing editor of Comics Bulletin. Basically, we had a gap in the schedule and thought it might be fun to talk to some of the people who make Comics Bulletin a thing that happens on the Internet. Since he's a guy we know, we had a sprawling conversation about pop culturey shit including comics, Jerry Lewis' lost Holocaust tearjerker, how the Something Awful comics forums are actually pretty legit and the type of mentality that's ruining comics readership.
And we goofed around with this sound effect box I have. A lot.
Listen at the player thingie below, or click here to download.
Also! Don't forget to subscribe to us on iTunes! Leave us a review if you can, tell all your friends, etc.
Later This Week
We have a special bonus episode where Comics Bulletin Publisher Jason Sacks interviews Red Hood & the Outlaws writer Scott Lobdell about all sorts of controversial things.
Jump to 1:25:44 for this episode's featured song!
- There's a weird cut around 20 minutes in — there was supposed to be a song in there, but we forgot. Whoops! To simulate the intended experience, pause the podcast and play "Voodoo" by Godsmack for 30 seconds, because that shit is funny to us.
- You can read the gloriously insane Doom comic for free here.
- If you've never heard of Jerry Lewis' The Day the Clown Cried, please enjoy.
Here are the comics/pop culture things we talked about!
Here's the playlist for this episode!
As for the rest…
(Click on the links to check out the artists and/or full versions of the songs.)
- Featured Song: Diplo – Express Yourself (ft. Nicky Da B)
Find Out More About Nick Hanover!
- Follow Nick Hanover on Twitter at @Nick_Hanover
- Check out his film and music writing at Spectrum Culture
- Oh, yeah, and he does stuff here at Comics Bulletin
Tweet at me, bro
- Nate practices what he's gonna say on podcasts at @lentilstew
- Danny lies about his former professions at @djeljosevic
- Andrew Tan edited this podcast and knows where it's at re: Paul F. Tomkins at @TandrewTan
As always, leave a comment and let us know what we're doing right! Or email us. That works, too.